CSVFileView is a simple CSV file viewer/converter utility that allows you to easily view the content of CSV or tab-delimited file created by NirSoft utilities or by any other software, in a simple table viewer.
You can sort the lines according to one of the fields, remove unwanted fields and change their order, and then save the result back into CSV file, tab-delimited file, XML file, or HTML report.
- Unicode/Ascii Save Mode: By default, CSVFileView saves all files in Unicode, except of csv file, which is saved as Ascii. The reason for saving csv files as Ascii is… Microsoft Excel. That’s because Microsoft Excel doesn’t open properly csv files that are saved as Unicode.
- You can change the default behavior, by going to Options -> Unicode/Ascii Save Mode, and then choosing the desired save mode – Ascii or Unicode.
- Add Header Line To CSV/Tab-Delimited File: When this option is turned on, and you export the selected lines into csv/tab-delimited file, the first added line contains the column/field names.
- First Line Contains Column Names: When this option is turned on, CSVFileView uses the first line of the opened csv/tab-delimited file as the column names list.
- Automatic Numeric Sorting: When this option is turned on, CSVFileView automatically uses numeric sorting when numeric values are detected.