Sicyon is an all-in-one software tool which includes VBScript/JScript calculator, database, unit of measurement converter, solver, and more.
Great for students, physicists, scientists, programmers, and others using formulas and tables of constants.
Features Sicyon calculator:
- calculate the value of a math expression using variables and user-defined functions.
- ‘Program mode’ allows you to execute script code in the main window.
- easy access to user-defined functions (JScript™ or VBScript™ languages) by buttons organized in function boards.
- searchable tables with various physical and chemical constants arranged in data boards (~50 of them).
- editable spreadsheet-like user-data boards.
- “plug-in” additional applications called tool boards, usable as objects in the script.
- organize the boards as tabbed pages in groups with a board browser for easier access and search.
- plot / tabulate a function in Explicit or Parametric mode. Draw many curves / surfaces on the same chart (multi-chart).
You can combine 2D and 3D graphs, with data from user data boards or the clipboard.
- solve nonlinear system of equations. Sicyon will find all the solutions of nonlinear system of up to 6 equations.
- projects’ collection of curves and surfaces (more than 100 of them).
- find minima and maxima in 2D and 3D with chart.
- find definite integral in 2D and 3D of an expression in a given interval. In 3D – partial derivatives (∂/∂x, ∂/∂y and ∂²/∂x∂y) with chart.
- fit a curve over data set (non-linear regression)
- fit batch of data sets to the same function and gives the fitted coefficient results and batch statistics in a table.
- fit more than 3300 functions over a single data set and present the list of the best fitted functions with their coefficients.
- customizable (template based) HTML reports for all math procedures.
- use a sophisticated unit of measurement converter, same functionality as Sicyon Unit Converter
- use matrices and matrix calculations.
- context help on any level of organization – function buttons/ boards/groups.
For advanced users:
- use Sicyon as out-of-process COM server to access a scripter and most of Sicyon’s features (a development kit is included).
- create new constant boards with Data-board Utility.
- add new units of measurement and their conversion rules from, and to SI. marks the new features after version 4.0