LameXP is a free and open-source audio encoding and conversion software. It is designed to work with various audio formats and provides a graphical user interface (GUI) to make it easier for users to encode, decode, and convert audio files. LameXP is primarily known for its ability to encode audio files into the MP3 format using the LAME MP3 encoder, but it also supports other audio codecs and formats.
Features of LameXP:
- Support for Multiple Formats: LameXP can work with a wide range of audio formats, including MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC, WAV, and more.
- Batch Processing: It allows you to convert multiple audio files simultaneously, which can be very useful when you need to convert a large number of files.
- ID3 Tag Editing: LameXP includes features for editing ID3 tags, which are metadata embedded in audio files to store information about the track, artist, album, and more.
- Quality Settings: You can adjust various audio encoding settings to control the quality and file size of the output files.
- Audio Effects: It offers some basic audio effects and filters that you can apply to your audio files, such as normalization and equalization.
- Multi-Core Support: LameXP takes advantage of multi-core processors to speed up the encoding process.
- Unicode Support: It supports file names and tags with Unicode characters, making it suitable for international users.
LameXP v4.20 Build 2356 Change Log :
- Updated FLAC encoder/decoder to v1.4.1 (2022-09-22), compiled with ICL 2022.2 and MSVC 15.9
- Updated Monkey’s Audio binary to v8.92 (2022-10-07), compiled with ICL 2022.2 and MSVC 15.9
- Updated mpg123 decoder to v1.30.2 (2022-08-02), compiled with GCC 12.2.0
- Updated MediaInfo to v22.12 (2022-12-22), compiled with ICL 2022.2 and MSVC 15.9
- Implemented workaround for
DwmEnableBlurBehindWindow()not working on Windows 11
- Updated cURL to v7.87.0 (2022-12-21), with libcurl v7.87.0 and OpenSSL v1.1.1s