Notepad++ is a free source code editor (Notepad replacement), which supports several programming languages, running under the Microsoft Windows environment. It also gives the extra functionality to define a user’s own language for the syntax folding and syntax highlighting.You can print your source code in color. It allows a user to edit the different document in the same time and even to edit the same document synchronizely in 2 different views. Notepad++ supports full drag and drop.
Features Notepad ++ :
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag ‘n’ Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
Notepad ++ v8.5.8 Change Log:
- Fix “Clear Read-Only Flag” command not working immediately regression.
- Fix saving files losing Alternate Data Stream issue.
- Fix data loss issue due to no room on disk for saving.
- Add Win10/Win11 Restart-application feature.
- Fix user created session being modified behaviour on exit.
- Improve document list display performance.
- Update Scintilla to v5.3.7 & Lexilla to v5.2.7.
- Fix unwanted Afrikaans installer language issue.
- Fix a crash issue while reading settings from cloud.
- Fix security issue CVE-2022-31901.
- Enhance non-saved search text’s persistence in Find dialog combobox while pressing arrow key.
- Make auto-checking of Find InSelection configurable (resizable & can be disabled).
- Perl enhancement: Update Stylers & the keywords for Perl v5.38.
- Fix “Single Line Uncomment” uncommenting an extra line issue.
- Fix “Next Bookmark” command not resetting current column issue.
- Allow menu command Window->Windows to be assigned a shortcut.
- Fix wrong categories in Shortcuts Mapper.
- NppExport v0.4
- Converter v4.5
- Mime Tool v2.9